Cosmetic Medicine Courses Online
Taught completely online, our Postgraduate and Masters Cosmetic Medicine courses have been specifically designed for doctors, dentists and nurses with independent prescriber status, and have been developed with the express purpose of promoting and enhancing the professional knowledge underpinning practice in cosmetic medicine. The courses are designed to complement Recognise Prior Learning (RPL) awards. These practice based awards are being developed specifically for cosmetic medicine practitioners.
With Health Education England (HEE) adopting increasing regulatory requirements for aesthetic practice, individuals undertaking aesthetic procedures should have a formal postgraduate qualification. Therefore, these qualifications from our Cosmetic Medicine courses would be an important milestone in the healthcare practitioner's journey to be an aesthetic practitioner. Such qualifications are also regarded as integral by the individuals' regulatory authorities, such as the GDC, GMC and NMC.
The Postgraduate Diploma and MSc course is aimed at doctors, dentists and nurses with independent prescriber status. These roles are evolving with increasing demand amongst these specialists for a postgraduate qualification to help support their professional learning and clinical development.
Students may apply for the MSc in Cosmetic Medicine as a two-year course, firstly by completing the Postgraduate Diploma (120 credits), followed by the MSc (60 credits).
Meet Your Expert Course Director
Mr Taimur Shoaib, FRCSEd Royal College of Surgeons involved in teaching all grades of medical trainees.
- Awarded 'Cosmetic Surgeon of the Year 2018' in Safety in Beauty Diamond Awards
- MB. ChB. Jul 1992. (University of Glasgow, Glasgow, Scotland, UK)
- FRCSEd. Feb 1997. Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
- DMI (RCSEd) Oct 2002. (Diploma in Medical Informatics). Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
- MD Dec 2003. (University of Glasgow, Glasgow, Scotland, UK)
- FRCSEd(Plast). Mar 2005 Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
Present post: Practising plastic surgeon at La Belle Forme Clinic (Glasgow), 64 Harley Street (London) and Ross Hall Hospital (Glasgow).
Mr Shoaib has published over 50 papers in publications worldwide as well as delivering over 500 personal presentations to learned societies around the world.